Recognising, Avoiding or healing from a burnout
Getting coached helps avoid burn-out or to heal from it and not risk falling back into it. It is complementary to the work you gp and your psychologist do. It does not replace them.
Together we can work on various aspects of your day to day life such as:
- Acquiring or improving your ability to say no and feel good about your choice.
- Improve your parenting skills so that it isn’t such a weight or chore;
- Learn to manage your time differently so you can respond to your needs, find time to recharge your batteries, give quality time to your kids, plan tasks we all tend to not take into account;
- Find what will help you recharge your batteries;
- Letting go;
- Accepting and recognising your limits;
- Working on fears that push us to behave in ways that drain us;
- Knowing your needs and how to fulfil them;
- Organising your environment in such a way that the load it represents is reduced to its absolute minimum.
Try the online tests:
Parental burnout: Roskam & Mikolajczak test
Professional burnout: The Maslach test
Depression: Becks depression inventory
My approach to burnout is multifactorial. Not all the steps are compulsory, the different tools are selected according to your specific needs.
Together, we will work on self-esteem, understanding the importance and putting in place the fact that taking care of yourself is a priority while accepting that it is not selfishness, it is a necessity. This is what allows you to have the energy to take care of others and your work, to recognise your limits and to respect them, in part through non-violent communication (NVC).
NVC allows you to learn to say no without feeling guilty, to avoid conflicts, to gain freedom, to respect yourself while respecting others.
Saying no while feeling good goes hand in hand with good time management. I will share tools to establish your real priorities.
We will work on how to plan your time in the most efficient way. You will learn how to avoid the small mistakes that lead to being overextended thanks to the home organising tools
Lets not forget our role as parents… the mental load is extremely heavy in that department. We’ll be able to solve some of the issues with Positive Parenting.
Further down the line we will even be able to talk about eating behaviours as I am training in “Intuitive Eating”. This allows us to regain self-confidence, to make peace with our body and to abandon this notion of fighting against it, to get out of this guilt and the pressure exerted by the diet mentality.
If you run a self-employed business, you will be working on both fronts, the private and the professional.